Monday 8 February 2016

Trying to ask a girl out !

From the title , you know what it means . Me trying to ask a girl out . I was walking through Yew Tee Point ( a shopping mall near my house )to go back home . That was when a hot blonde caught my attention ! I was starstruck by her looks . The first thing that ran through my mind was to get to know this girl , maybe go out with her one day for a drink . She was working at a yogurt shop called Yoguru .

So at home , i was planning of ways to get her . The only logical way i was thinking of , was to go to the store , order something and try talking to her . I decided to execute my plan . I was nervous and sweaty when i went there for the first time . I decided to ask her how much the drink was and the total if i were get that and a cup of yogurt just to get to talk to her , as i thought just ordering something and walking away after that would be boring . And after paying the cash , i walked away without even smiling .

Me being a shy person , i always had anxiety when it came to talking to girls . This situation was no different . The next day , i decided to get a haircut , a shave and buy clothes in order to look good and be presentable . From what i read , girls like guys who dress well . I spent about $100 on 3 shirts . I did not mind spending this much to get a girl !

On another day , i walked past the shop and saw her . I decided to run home and change as fast as i could as i thought that the shop was about to close . I did not know the closing time then . By the time i reached the shop , i was sweating like a waterfall . I ordered what i needed and before i left , i said an awkward " goodnight " to her . Again , since i was nervous , i did not even smile at her .

For the next few days , i kept walking by the shop to see if she was there . At times she was actually there , but i could not sum up my courage to actually come to the point straight . Then , a lightbulb popped over my head ! I decided to write a letter to her instead !

I went online and found a good looking vintage texture . I spent hours writing and re writing the letter . This was the end result :

And the day came for me to give her the letter . After ordering my usual stuff , i asked her a few questions like if she was local and still schooling . She gave me one word replies . The one question that was running through me head was " why is she giving me one word replies ? " . She gave me my change and went back to prepare the store for closing . Without hesitation , i took out my letter and got her attention . I told her that " i wrote a letter for you " . Her immediate reaction was " What ! " and " Why ? " . In other words , she seemed surprised at why a guy who has been coming back to the shop repeatedly wants to give her a letter . I told her to keep the letter . 

Before leaving , or more like " wanting to get the hell out of the place as soon as i could " , i told her " sorry if this is awkward " . I left the place never to look back again . 

Even till this day when i walk past the place , i rarely look at the shop in fear of making eye contact with her as i am afraid it might be awkward . 

Personally , i think this whole plan failed as i did not make her feel comfortable . I did not even bother to smile or even say hi to her . Even the " goodnight " was said in an awkward and rushing manner .  Nevertheless , i don't want to worry too much about it as it was my first time even trying to ask a girl out . 

If i had the chance to meet her again , i would just be straight forward and apologize to her first for making her feel uncomfortable . Next , i would tell her what my plan was , which was to just go out with her for a drink , or coffee . 

This is my experience on trying to ask a girl out ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment