Monday 8 February 2016

NS Part 2

Continued from part 1

A proper post this time . Like what i was saying earlier in the first part . I got enlisted into SCDF on the 7th of Jan 2016 . Going into detail , i was told to report to CMPB at 8.30 am . I took a cab there with my parents . After arriving there , i was told by a representative there to wait for some personnel from CDA ( Civil Defence Academy ) to pick me up . After having breakfast and waiting for at least 3 hours , another guy , who later became my friend , and I were brought into a room to take the oath . Soon , the personnel arrived to pick me and my friend .  I bid farewell to my parents and we were directed to a lorry . My friend and I sat at the back of the lorry and waited for our journey into becoming a NSF .

I can't remember his name but he was 22 years old . We talked about games , school and many more . After an hour , we arrived in CDA . We were brought into a room where i clearly remember someone telling us to enjoy the last moments of our civilian lives . Later , a NSF helped me with admin stuff , like signing papers etc . Soon , i was given my uniform and brought into my bunk .

To my surprise , many in the bunk were really kind . Not like what i expected . Majority of them were malays . There were a few chinese , skihs and indians . Most of them had A levels and degrees . They were kind enough to teach me the basic stuff , and i learnt them quickly .

The view from my bunk . The muslim cemetery was just opposite us !


I can't remember much after that . The next few weeks were filled with footdrills , learning how the rescue equipments work. As PES Cs , we are not allowed to do any physical activities and use any of the rescue equiptments . I was disappointed as i expected to learn more and do more physical training ..

Chilling out at night . Usually after our dinner or last training , we are given about 1 or 2 hours to bath , iron or use our phones .  Lights our are usually around 10 and last movements are around 10.15 .


Anyway , after 1 week of confinement , we were allowed to book out on the 2nd week ( 15th January 2016 ) . The book out time was always around 5.30 PM . You don't have to bring home every single thing ! Only necessary stuff . We were told to always have our caps on . To be honest , i couldnt give a crap about that rule . Getting cab at Jalan Bahar is a pain in the ass . It is considered a quiet place as it is filled with the various cemeteries . Personally , i went riding there many times at night , it was really creepy . Anyway , for all of my 3 book outs that i had , i shared a cab with my friend .

We were to book in on Sunday by 8.30 . For the 2 book ins that i had , we had to unpack everything from our bags after falling in , for our spot checks . It was a pain in the ass .

Continued in the next part ...



No comments:

Post a Comment