Monday 8 February 2016

My Motorcycle Accident !

If you read my " NS Part 1 " post , you would have noticed that i mentioned " motorcycle accident " there . I got into a motorcycle accident on the 1st of January 2016 . I might beat around the bush before leading to how i got into an accident .

On the 31st of December 2015 , I headed off to Gardens by the bay to capture the fireworks . I left my house around 10.30 , and i reached Gardens by the Bay around 11.30 . The place was PACKED !
The car park was full . I waited for about 20 mins after deciding to go somewhere else . I decided to go to the taxi stand there to capture the fireworks .

The wait to enter the car park

Managed to go to the taxi stand and capture the fireworks 
After capturing fireworks , i headed back to Choa Chu Kang to pick up my friend . The crowd at MBS was insane ! People were packed like sardines ! I managed to get back to CCK in about 1 1/2 hours . After picking up my friend , we went to Boon Lay Power Nasi Lemak to eat . We chilled for a while before sending him home .

I had to pick up my dad around 4am after he had finished his night shift at Admilarity station .
After sending him home , i got a text from my cousin asking me to pick him up around Orchard . 
I told myself why not as i wanted to go around exploring places . 

I reached Spize around 5.30 am . The place was filled with drunk people . I really hated it . Now , the part leading to my accident . I was going to send him to the Grand Hyatt Hotel which was a few blocks away , as my other cousins had booked a room there . As i was approaching a junction , a car turned right infront of me ! All i remember was braking and boom ! The next moment , i was lying face down and all i could hear was the motorcycle revving . 

I got up immediately trying to fit what had happened into my mind together . The driver , a japanese worker , got out and all he said was sorry ! I took down his details and he soon left the place . A police car just happened to pass by . Two police officers got out. The most useless police officers . All they asked was whether i needed an ambulance . After i said no , off they went !

I called my dad to tell him what had happened . He told me to call for a tow truck . I managed to find a service through google and got in contact with him .

The junction where the accident took place . That is the police car i was talking about . I was going straight in the direction of the car and the other guy was turning right from the opposite side . He did not wait for me and turned out immediately .

The car which collided into me

The bike was damaged so bad that i could not even start it 

A screenshot i took of the exact location minutes after i got back up on my feet 

I was not injured badly as i was wearing jeans ,  riding jacket and full face helmet . If it weren't for those , i would have be injured severely . I got some minor road rashes on my knees , knuckles and left ankle . I left knee hurt for about a week . As for my cousin , he sustained minor road rashes . We flagged a cab and he got off at the hotel . I went home and my parents rushed me to NUH A&E . Fortunately , i did not have and fractures . I got treated for my road rashes . We had our breakfast and went to Shun Li Industrial Park , as there was where i rented the bike from . 

Just to let you know , that is the only place where 2B holders can rent bikes from . I have rented bikes from there about 2 times . Coming back to the point , the owner there helped me file a accident report and my parents had to pay $2000 for the bike and lawyer . It will take about 14 months for the case to be settled . Hopefully , the case can be settled and my parents are able to get claim back the money . 

I am fortunate to have not sustained major injuries . As i am typing this post , i have fully recovered from my injuries . I just cannot wait to get back to riding . My Apologies for not coming straight to the point .

As the saying goes , " you are not a real biker till you come off your bike "

No comments:

Post a Comment