Saturday 18 August 2018

Class 2 experience at BBDC

After a year had passed since I last took my Class 2A TP test, I decided to return to BBDC to sign up for my Class 2. Signing up on Dec 2017, I thought I could obtain my license within the same year. However, given that I last passed my 2A on 28 Dec 2016, my lessons stretched over to the following year, 2018.

Since I have already made a post on my class 2A experience, I have decided not to share much information here. The classes for both 2 and 2A are conducted simultaneously. The only difference is in the timing for various courses. In addition to this, Class 2 learners have to go through an addition course. That is to bring down, lift up and push a Honda Nighthawk CB750 in a figure of 8.  For those who have been to BBDC, you should have seen the big black bike in the small circuit.

Fast forward to my TP test in February. The usual introduction and briefing went by. After assembling outside together for the TP testers to verify our ICs, the class 2 learners had to stay behind. Our first test was to deal with the nighthawk. We lined up in a row. When my turn arrived, I handled the bike with great ease and caution.

After which. we had to assemble at the wooden bench in order of our tag number. I was number 12. I went through my test route with ease. When it came to assembling at the room at level 3 after the test, I was both excited and nervous, awaiting my results.

I was extremely shocked when the instructor mentioned my number. I was brought to the TP room at level 2. The tester told me that my crashbar came into contact with the cone when doing my pylon slalom. I was extremely frustrated.

Nevertheless, as per BBDC requirement, I booked 2 RV lessons and my next TP test, which was on March.

Everything went smoothly, until the S course. I had to stop at the end of the S course due to an incoming car. While moving off, I accidently placed my left leg down. Immediately, the tester sitting at the high chair told me off. I knew then that I would fail. My thoughts came true as my number, 12, was called out by the instructor again.

After booking 2 RV lessons and a TP test on April, I went through the test with great caution. And finally, I passed !

After 4 years of travelling back and forth to BBDC, April 13 2018 was the last time I saw myself going back there for lessons and tests.

Do check out my other experiences :


Class 2a tp

Class 2a lessons

Class 2b lessons

Class 2b tp

Class 4 


Class 3/3A lessons

Class 5

I shared my TP experience for both class 3A and 3 in the post below.


class 3

No comments:

Post a Comment