Saturday 5 November 2016

Class 2A at BBDC

It has been almost a year since i passed my class 2B TP test. I headed over to BBDC on the 23th of October. and signed up for my class 2A. The whole process took less than 15 minutes. For class 2A, there are only 3 practical lessons and 1 theory lesson. I managed to clear the theory lesson that week. The following week, i went for my first practical lesson (1.01).

In 1.01, the instructor covered the usual plank, pylon slalom, slope and a small part of the test route. I could not meet the timing for the pylon and as a result, had to retake the lesson. A few days later, i retook the lesson and passed. Riding the Honda CB400F was amazing ! The big difference for me was the power of the bike. At the slightest twist of the wrist, the bike literally flies ! The weight and size of the bike was not a big issue for me as my current bike ( Daelim Roadwin R125) is almost, or slightly heavier than the Honda CB400F.

Honda CB400F

On the same day which i retook my 1.01, i went over to the computer after the lesson and booked a slot for 2.01, which was about 10 minutes away ! My lesson ended at 21:00, and the next lesson was at 21.10. In this lesson, the instructor covered the e-brake and bumpy course. E-Brake was my most feared course. I had fallen down many times when i took my 2B. But however overtime, i got used to it. For 2A, you have to maintain a speed of 40km/hr instead of 30. Moving on the bumpy course, the main thing is to focus on the posture of your body. If the posture is wrong, the chances of falling off the bike is high.

After we covered the 2 courses, the rest of the lesson was focused on the test route. I manage to pass the lesson. A week later, i booked my final lesson ( 3.01 ), which was the evaluation, mock TP. We will have to go for 2 rounds of warm up before starting the evaluation. I failed my first lesson as i got 1 immediate failure from falling off the bumpy course. I retook 3.01 on the 6th of November and passed the lesson with 16 points. I still have alot to work on, mainly the courses. The one thing i have to work on mainly, is the ability to handle a more powerful bike. That is one big difference moving from class 2B to 2A.

As of now, i have book my TP test on the 23 of November. In between, i have booked a few Circuit Revisions. Will keep you guys updated.

Update. Do read about my class 2a tp here

Do check out my other experiences :

Class 2b lessons

Class 2b tp

Class 4 


Class 3/3A lessons



I shared my TP experience for both class 3A and 3 in the post below.

class 3

1 comment: