Wednesday 2 September 2015

Getting my 2B license

Hi there . Its been months since i last posted something over here . I managed to pass my 3A traffic police test back in May . All my hard work had paid off . I got the easy route which was just driving around bukit gombak . Passed with 4 points :)

Anyway , around april , my dad forced me to sign up to get a class 2b license. Initially , i was reluctant . But i had no choice but to go ahead . I went to counter as usual to sign up . They gave me 2 booklets . The highway code 1 book and a motorcycle riding book . I was exempted from taking my basic theory test as i already had my 3a license .

I went for my riding theory lessons 1.01 and 1.02 . They were the same as my final theory lessons       -_-  . Next was my riding theory practices . Since it was my holidays as well , i kept going for practices 2 to 3 weeks a week . Some of the questions needed reference to the booklets . But the rest were common sense . Not to forget , i started going for my practical lessons !

I wasn't sure where to go for my practical lessons as i did not know where the motorcycle office was . I was really nervous as well . Once i got my number tag , elbow and knee guards on , it was time to go :) The first lesson was simply teaching us how to get on a bike and put the bike on its main stand . It was soo hard for me to get the bike on its main stand that i was demoralized .

The Bike used by BBDC for 2B leaners 


 Next , moving on to the 2nd lesson . I think we learnt how to control the clutch and the throttle . It was hard for me initially . But over time , i managed to get the feeling . I just didnt know why , after some time , i lost intrest in wanting to ride a bike . I started going for lessons with a week or so gap .


After my father talked to me about it , i started to resume lessons .

Stages 2 - 3 were on turning and riding on the circuit . Not much of a problem there . The problems came where we were introduced to the e brake . I actually wondered how i managed to pass that stage as i was really terrible at it . I kept closing the throttle early in fear of overshooting .

This fear showed to be a big problem later on in stages 5. The worst thing happened not once , but twice ! I skid and fell from the bike as i braked too hard ! This happened on 2 different lessons . I remember repeating that lesson more than once due to the e brake ! I had some scrapes on my skin but that was about it .

I kept trying again and again and manged to clear that stage ! Overall , i think i attempted the e brake about 10 times .

Stages 5 .01 and 5.02 were "evaluation" stages , where you would be brought to do everything you have learnt since day 1 . I think it was 5.02 where you had to get less than 12 points . That was my worst ! I attempted the lesson FIVE times before passing . I made silly mistakes like wobbling , not checking blindspot properly and stopping near a car .

Somewhere around June, i went for my riding theory test and passed . I booked my evaluation for the test somewhere around April i think .

Anyway coming back . Before heading to stage 6 you need to obtain your pdl and attend 3 defensive theory lessons . I booked a slot on saturday morning for PPL 1.01 ( defensive riding theory ) which was on 7.30 . After that i went on the computer and there was a slot right after that for 1.02 . I happened to check on the computer and found a slot for 1.03 ! It was my lucky day . i spent about 4 hours in BBDC to complete my PPL .

Now going to 6.01 which was on the road :) I think there are only night slots available for this . I took this lesson with 5 other guys . 4 whom which were repeating 3 times ! and the other one was his first time like me . We were briefed on where we were going and how to position ourselves on the road . We then took a raincoat each and off we went to our bikes . Turning left after at the exit and into the filter lane after the temple . It was thrilling to ramp the bike up to 60 km/hr !! Plus the wind blowing in your face :)

We rode around bukit gombak , most of which i had already been while going for my car lessons .
I managed to pass the lesson .

Now going to 7.01 . We went through the test route on this lesson . Same thing , after the temple , into the filter lane . But now , we have to keep right after coming out and go straight for our u turn . My u turn was terrible as i kept dropping my leg . Sadly , i had to retake this lesson . After 2 Self Practices , i went back for my lesson and managed to pass :)

8.01 was my last lesson . This was like our mock TP . Do everything and get less than 18 points . I was glad i did not drop my leg and fall down . But i got 18 points :(

I managed to get a TP date on the 9th of October 2015 . I have booked Self practices every 2 weeks . And a road revision and circuit revision a couple of days before my test .

Overall , i found riding to be really really fun . I love it more than driving a car . I am planning to get a bike in sha allah :) after passing my TP . Do read about my class 2b tp here

The practical lessons i have attended so far 


In terms of gear , through carousell , i managed to find some good quality gears . I got a Puma riding gloves for just 40 bucks . The retail price was around 120 ! Also , i managed to get a full face helmet for 70 bucks . That cost around 150 !




Do check out my other experiences :


Class 2 tp

Class 2a tp

Class 2a lessons

Class 4 

Class 3/3A lessons


Class 5

I shared my TP experience for both class 3A and 3 in the post below.


class 3

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see someone blogging about their experience on less common driving licenses. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. how much did it take in total?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Light Bike Driving License Theory Test is a challenging exam that covers a wide range of topics. In order to pass, it is important to be well-prepared and to avoid making any mistakes.

    ReplyDelete